New siding is the number-one way to improve the overall appearance of your home. It’s like an instant facelift. Make 2018 the year you revitalize your home with new siding. Let’s look at several good reasons you may need to replace the siding on your home – other than to make it more beautiful.
- Your Siding is Old: Just like it takes a toll on our bodies, time takes a toll on your siding. The sun and elements put your home’s siding through the wringer season after season and year after year. Age is a valid reason to install new siding.
- Damaged Siding: Harsh weather, children, pets, and a multitude of other things can cause damage to your siding. Missed baseballs or tennis balls may punch a hole in the siding or a wrecked bicycle may knock it loose from the house.
- Loss of Efficiency: The siding helps your home retain heated and cooled air. If it is not properly performing its primary function, it’s time to replace it.
- Mold or Mildew Issues: Mold and mildew are generally easy enough to clean off. But they may do quite a lot of damage before you get around to cleaning them. Siding that isn’t cleaned at least once a year is subject to damage and discoloration from mold, mildew, and algae.
- Moisture Problems: Water is destructive to the wooden parts of your home. The siding is designed to protect the structural integrity of your home. If the siding is failing and allowing moisture to collect between the siding and the walls, you definitely need to replace it.
- Dry Rot: Dry rot is simply something that happens in time. You can test different areas with a screwdriver to see how much of the siding and surrounding boards need to be replaced.
Long Island Siding Installation
Give me a call at 631-608-3375 if you’re in Long Island and are in need of new siding in 2018. I’ll help you choose the best type and color of siding to make your home look incredible.